Sunday, April 25, 2010

grumpy old men

I'm at the grocery store in sweatpants, a sweatshirt, my hair pulled back in a knotted mess, no mascara or powder, and attempting to wrangle a squirrely five-year-old in Spongebob pajamas. I don't know if the old guy was trying to be nice, if he was senile, or if his eyesight is failing, but dude flat-out hit on me.

Now, I wouldn't mention this, but I tend to get hit on by senior citizens quite often when I am at the grocery store. Maybe it's because they can see I have lots of medical problems and love to talk about them. Or maybe they just like young, unkempt ladies such as myself. Either way, I'd like to send out a PSA to them: You are not Hugh Hefner!

If you'd like an old guy to hit on YOU while shopping for shampoo, then I suggest taking Punkin along as that's their usual gameplan -- see woman and child, comment on child, walk away, come back and tell woman how pretty said child's mom is. In the case today, he even threw in, "slim and trim, which is a rarity."

Nice.

3 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

Ewwwwwwww. That's not even a good pick-up line. I'm not sure what would be a good one, but I do know that's not it.

Threeundertwo said...

Why do they do this? I think they think they're safe to say whatever because of their age.

I'm sure you were rockin those sweatpants though.

kathy g said...

I would like to second the EEEWWWWWWWWW comment.