Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a little bit boring

Well, the decision has been made to enroll Punkin at the school where he currently attends preschool. Basically it came down to adequate staffing in my opinion. The jury is still out on what the district's official reasoning was, but I am happy and confident in his placement and that's all that matters.

Meanwhile, Punkin has had a remarkably good week at school. During the hour-long morning program that I work with him, he brought me the book Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar? and asked me to read it. He sat through the ENTIRE book, which is rather lengthy, and then asked me to read it AGAIN. This all happened pre-ritalin; to say I was blown away would be an understatement. His teacher said that they've been reading it in class all week and even the first day he had a big knowing grin on his face. Well, it IS about cookies....

Home has been a little more tumultuous than school; a lot of head-banging, and not of the rocker variety. He seems very easily frustrated. I gave up the zoloft when he was sick, but I really don't know if it's the lack of zoloft or not. He wasn't having this issue before I started it, so who knows. I'm thinking it's a phase -- a way to express frustration. A painful way, though, that really shouldn't continue. This isn't the first time I've dealt with this issue. It seems to come and go over time, so hopefully it GOES, like, tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kristiem10 said...

I am glad you're please with his new placement. And way to go on the book! I hope he finds a less painful way of self-calming. And soon!