Monday, April 5, 2010

prayers, please!




We had a quiet Easter this year. The Easter Bunny brought a Hershey Bar, a bag of Fritos, a bubble machine, and a very small bag of Duplos. I went to church -- it's my favorite service of the entire year -- and Punkin collected eggs, but he just wasn't himself. And Sunday night he woke me up asking for water, shaking with cold from a 102 temp. Poor little guy has a virus and just has to wait it out. And poor mom has watch Space Buddies since the ibuprofen isn't touching his fever and all he wants to do is "hold you." Of course, tomorrow is an important day at work and we are scheduled to fly out of town on Thursday afternoon.
Edited 4/6 at 6pm: We are headed to the hospital for some tests, but not to be admitted or anything. Punkin's fever is ranging from 102 to 105 and he hasn't had a BM in 3 days. He is quite miserable and not wanting to drink or eat. He has an extremely swollen gland and droopy eyes, both symtoms of a virus, but his doctor wants to be sure. Have I mentioned how much I love his doctor? Have I mentioned that I have to give Punkin a suppository when we get home? His doctor, and I quote, said, "It's going to be somewhat of a nightmare for someone like Punkin."
Yes, yes it is.

5 comments:

Umma said...

Poor Punkin, I hope he's feeling better soon and that your ears/eyes don't bleed from watching Space Buddies again, and again and again...

Kristiem10 said...

You'll be in my prayers. Blake got Air Buddies from the Easter bunny and he's already watched it forty eleven times. Hope Punkin is better tomorrow.

SB said...

{{hugs and prayers}}

Paula said...

Hope everything works out....thinking of you both

Vicki Davis said...

Thinking of you, I have my own sick one with a 105 temp and ear infection, so I totally understand watching that video over and over with a burning hot sick child lying on top of you. I hope he is better before your flight, that would be the worst, I am sending you well wishes!