Friday, April 30, 2010

three things

1. He straight-up sat in a puddle, stood up, and went, "What happened? Mommy? What happened? I wet! New pants on?"

2. I switched doctors. (Thanks, Oma!) I met him a couple weeks ago and decided he was really nice, so I had my file transferred over to his office. He gave me some new allergy medicine and it's been working great. The very next day The Cough started again -- the one where I sound like a barking seal. The one I first had in the winter of 2008 and have had fairly consistently since September 14, 2009. So I waited about a week and then called and got an appointment for the next day.

I could tell that he had looked over my chart, and he asked me several questions about the coughing, and explained that my allergies and acid reflux put me at risk for a chronic cough. Finally he decided that I need to use a maintainence inhaler every day and have another inhaler on hand in case I feel like I can't breath or have a coughing fit.

Basically I have some form of asthma. And WOW. I feel so much better. I'm still coughing, but it's not so painful and it's less frequent. And I can do things like the laundry or carry Punkin or eat without feeling exhausted. Yes, eat. You have to breath differently to eat.


3. When I picked up Punkin from school yesterday, he was wearing different pants. When I asked him what had happened to his, he answered, "There's poop!" I was kind of excited that he could answer me. Wasn't really expecting that. Now if I could teach him how to do the laundry....

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Wow, I am so glad you switched doctors. Asthma isn't something to mess around with. Sounds like you have a good doctor now.

And I chuckled about Punkin being a bit confused about how his pants got wet from the outside. My guess is that he's more used to them getting wet from the inside.

SB said...

I have asthma. Was diagnosed after exposure some wacky unknown chemical. I cough now, too. Sucks. I have to carry that inhaler everywhere. I also got TriCare to buy me a home nebulizer after 6 ER visit in a year. Oh the fun....
That being said, it's treatable. But take care of yourself.

Your boy is adorable. Even with poop.

Jennie said...

Next after laundry: how to make Monna a hot dog!