Saturday, June 26, 2010

literally

Punkin is a very literal thinker, and I try to be mindful of that at all times. There's a scene in Toy Story 3 where Woody is climbing on a toilet and you better believe I leaned down and whispered, "Punkin, your Woody doll should not do that." I pointed to the two cowboys sitting on his lap and said again, "He does not climb on the potty."

I often say these things during TV shows as Punkin is prone to copying his favorite character's habits, both good and bad. This is how the barking thing started. But I also think it's where many of his play schemes come from.

So far no toys have climbed on the toilet. But a few days later we came home and I told Punkin to go potty, "But don't take your clothes off" because we were leaving again in a few minutes to go swimming. Yep, you guessed it. He sat on the potty and peed right through his shorts.

DOH!

No comments: