Monday, June 7, 2010

miss sackie

Another episode of Spongebob ends and I decide it needs to be our last for the evening. Punkin isn't thrilled with the decision, so I coax him into his room and try to engage him in some play.

"Want to do playdoh?"
"NO PLAYDOH!"
"We could paint."
"NO PAINT!"
"OOooh, there's cars!"
"NOCARS!" He sneaks in a hint of teasing.
"Legos?"
"Nolegos!" Definitely giggling now.
"Want to play a game?"
"Nogame!"
"We can cook."
"No cook!"
*Sigh*
"Bucket?" He points to the shelf.
"You want your pumpkin bucket?"
"Yes! OKAYEE!"
"Okay, I'll take the Toy Story bucket," as he snatches it out of my hand.
"Shoes on."
"Where are we going?"
"Inna car."
"Where is the car taking us," I ask as he pulls open his sock drawer.
"Go inna car." Now he is collecting small cars and trucks and putting them in his buckets. "Hold 'em?"
"You want to take the cars with you?"
"Yes, okayee."
"Where are we going?"
"Inna car."
"Well, where will the car take us?"
Silence.
"What do you want to do?"
Silence.
"Maybe your bus knows. Hey bus, what do you want to do?"
"See da chicks!"
"Oh, I see. You want to go bye-bye in the car?"
"Yes."
"Where will the car take us, Mr. Bus?"
"Miss Sackie's house!"
"Bus, we can't see the chicks anymore. They went back to the farm. I am so sorry if that makes you sad."
"Miss Sackie's house."
"You want to go to school and see her? We can't go there right now." He puts one sock on.
"Go inna car."
"School is all done for today, Mouse Monday. We will see her at school tomorrow, on Turtle Tuesday." He puts the other sock on.
"Wook! I did it!"
"Honey, we are staying home." He puts one shoe on.
"Wook a' me!" He puts the other shoe on. "Let's go!" He grabs his pails, full of cars, and heads to the door, "Miss Sackie's house."

So we called her instead and he even said, "I love you." It was pretty cute. It made up for ten minutes later when he got mad at me again and threw my $20 prescription face cream and my $10 makeup in the toilet.

1 comment:

Wombat Central said...

Aw, so sweet! Is that his teacher? she must adore him. :)