Friday, July 8, 2011

our fourth of july weekend

We used sparklers, which was a little intense for me to be honest. It worked out, though. Nobody was rushed to the emergency room.
Then my parents, Punkin, and I met my sister at an indoor waterpark. Before we went swimming, though, we had to honor our family tradition by attending a Revolutionary War camp. Hence the obligatory photo in front of an old log house.
And then we swam! Here's Punkin practicing his Winnie the Pooh song, "Up down/Touch the ground/In the mood/for food." I was very impressed by his willingness to play among the sprinklers. It took a lot of convincing, and ultimately I think he agreed to it because of the promise of a super awesome water slide at the end. Because let me tell you, it was as if the entire structure surrounding the slide was raining on us. The faces he made were priceless.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

The picture of you guys is perfect. Will you e-mail it to me?