Wednesday, September 7, 2011

it wasn't even my idea

Punkin and I tagged along with Oma while she went grocery shopping on Saturday. He chose, of course, to sit in the race car cart. Do your stores have these contraptions? They are terribly difficult to maneuver through the aisles; one woman we nearly ran into (literally) told us she once took out an entire endcap with one of those things.

So anyway, he's in the cart and he finds a naked Barbie doll and a walkie talkie. He was fascinated with the Barbie for nearly an hour, but agreed to leave it with the Lost and Found at the store. When we returned to Oma and Opa's house, I dug out my old dolls and he promptly had them all go swimming before it was "Eat time!" You guys, it was awesome. Not just the play skills, the Barbie part.

He was very curious about their shoes, but overall preferred them in the nude. Can't win 'em all.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I would say that nudity is a Barbie's natural state! Ask my mom - at any one time, half my Barbies would be naked. The other half would be awaiting costume changes in which I required my mom to tug on the skintight silver-and-black striped white cowgirl pantsuit.

Faydra said...

I never saw my Toby do any imaginative play until he was with girl cousins (and their dolls/barbies) last Christmas. So I bought him a baby doll and out came the imaginative play! But, he too seems to prefer her naked! I recently posted a pic: http://thestrattons.typepad.com/groundspeed/2011/09/toddler-frenemy.html

Kristin said...

I laughed when I read about the "car carts" because Ian really liked that for awhile and they are a bear to get around the store. Now he likes to ride in the main part of the cart and calls it his cage. As long as he's quiet and happy, he can call it whatever he wants!