Wednesday, September 28, 2011

update

So Punkin's been taking Abilify for a week now and I really can't say I'm seeing any effects except for a bit of an increased appetite, which is scary to be honest. I cannot afford those kinds of grocery bills. I have noticed that when his Ritalin wears off or when it's time for another dose, it doesn't seem as drastic of a letdown as before. One of my biggest hopes, though, is that these little hands will heal. And if you have any suggestions for how to keep him from chewing them, that would be awesome. It's not just a sensory need, it's driven by anxiety. He's given a replacement item to chew on, but it just isn't working.


1 comment:

addtova.com said...

I used to feel like I was starving when my ritalin wore off! When I was in high school for a while I took focalin, which is expensive re-patented ritalin without the molecule that causes the hunger effects, and it was slightly better but still I always ate a ton!