Monday, March 19, 2012

it all comes back to poop, doesn't it?

This is why no one wants to visit. 

I woke up this morning at 7:00 a.m. That's an entire hour and a half later than usual, so I was feeling mighty excited. Punkin was STILL SLEEPING, so I snuck to the bathroom, decided not to flush lest I wake him, and crept back to bed until EIGHT O' CLOCK. Oh ya. It was gonna be a glorious day indeed. 

Little Guy woke up and I promised him we'd go for our daily drive on the highway as soon as he went potty. We flushed and nothing much happened. He flushed again and DANGER DANGER DANGER -- the water levels reached extremely unsafe levels, so I plunged my life away trying to save us from a spill. It did occur to me later, though, that if it had overflowed, I might have had a case for replacing the carpeting (yes, carpeting) in the bathroom with something more logical, like tile. 

So I called the landlord and left a message and we got ready to leave. I opened the door to the main hallway of the building to see a very, very large puddle from my door down to my neighbor's. We trudged through it, assuming it was rainwater, and went for our drive.

When we came back, maintenance was standing in my apartment shaking their heads. Apparently that "puddle" was toilet sludge and the people in the other apartments who were taking showers, etc, were making it larger. 

I grabbed our laundry and a few essentials while yelling, "Punkin, NO! NO PUDDLE! NO STOMPING! NO, HONEY!" 

Needless to say we've spent the greater part of the day at Oma and Opa's house washing our shoes. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Eeewwww......one of the drawbacks of living on the lower level!

Julie said...

And even funnier yet.....the mystery words listed in order to post? The first message had the letters "shrsit" and this message option has "peopesea"

Is it just me? Or do those look like they belong to a poop story? Or is it just that I need a nap and am giggly after my first day back after spring break.....