Saturday, March 17, 2012

just me and my mom


Spring Break has been rather brutal on the little guy. Nothing has been the same: there's no school, no Sunday School, the therapy dog wasn't in church last Sunday, and his respite worker has been gone the last two Fridays. We've had to drive the highway to look for semi trucks every morning (between 6:30 and 7:30) to compensate for not being able to ride the bus. If I don't promise this every night, he will sob himself to sleep while holding his backpack and wearing his shoes and coat. Did I mention it's 73 degrees outside?

I tried taking him to both museums, to the zoo (pictured above), to the park, to the movies, we tried making cookies, painting, playing with Play-Doh, going to Oma's house; he participated in all of it. For five minutes. And then he asked to go on the highway again.

We start again on Wednesday. We can totally do this, guys. We totally can.

No comments: