Monday, March 26, 2012

proud mama lion

The inside of the snowman looks like a toilet paper roll and then it looks like paper mache. The hat is rolled up felt.
My son, who wouldn't sit for two minutes to complete an art project last year, made this snowman all by himself. I'm sobbing, you guys. Just sobbing. I just can't even wrap my brain around it.

This is a frog we made one Sunday. We used the inside of a paper plate, folded in half, for the body -- the outside will be used later. Then we just used rectangles for legs, circles for eyes, and a long red tongue.
Every Sunday I run the childcare for a church function and Punkin comes with me. It's two hours long and there's about 25 kids ranging in age from three to nine years. We read a book, make a craft, have large motor time, use the bathroom, have a snack, watch a movie, and have color sheets and books out. He doesn't require any special attention. he just does what he's told or what he sees the other kids do. He doesn't hit anybody, he doesn't pee his pants, he doesn't steal toys or throw fits -- he just plays. Now, he does act a little bit like he owns the place, but that's to be expected from a teacher's kid. I wish I could communicate to him how proud he makes me for working so hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:))) tearing up reading this. So amazing how much he has progressed. So proud of both of you. Lots of love! AK

Jennie said...

Yaaaaaaaay!

The Mom said...

We are so blessed to have you as our teacher on Sunday nights! Thank you!

Georgie said...

Gosh, you are making me cry here.
And I'm thinking about you.
*hugs*